Hello and welcome to CluelessPuppy's 1st blog.
Never having had a dog before, I was in for a real treat!!! I had heard that Portuguese Water Dogs were warm, loving and easy to train. Hmmm, I should have listened to the warnings of my friends. It wasn't so much the words...as the tone in which they said seemingly innocent statements:
Me: "I'm geting an 8 week old puppy"
1st Friend: "Oh....you're getting a puppy puppy"
Me: "I'm getting an 8 week old puppy"
2nd Friend: "Oh...why not get a 9 month old instead?"
I should have listened.
Well, it's been 8 weeks now and these are the 10 things I've learned since becoming a puppy owner:
1. Apparently, it's OK to bite the hand that feeds you (repeatedly).
2. The size of the dog is not proportional to the size of the poop.
3. Puppies are never finished pooping when you think they are.
4. A 4 month old puppy can go through 4 leashes in 8 weeks.
5. A puppy will follow you around for about 40 minutes till feeding time.
6. Puppies are smarter than most MENSA members.
7. It takes 3 family members to tire out 1 puppy.
8. Puppies are fearless...especially when it comes to adult German Shepards, Pitbulls, and Berneses
9. Puppies are cute on purpose...it keeps them alive.
10. Pecking order in my home..Husband/14 year old son/4 month old puppy/ME!!
Still, I love the little guy!! He makes me feel...Oops, gotta go...someone wants out NOW!!!
For more blogs, please visit http://cluelesspuppyowner.blogspot.com/ and http://thecluelesspuppyowner.blogspot.com/